By Kathy Casey, Host, Kathy Casey's Liquid Kitchen
This cocktail is slightly dry, with sweet peach overtones and a lightly bitter finish from the vermouth.
- 1-1/2 parts Maker’s Mark® Bourbon
- 1/2 part peach puree
- 3/4 part sweet red vermouth
- Dash Liquid Kitchen® Golden Era or orange bitters
- 3/4 part splash brut champagne
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries – Drain well, then dry on paper towels
- 1/4 teaspoon Gold Luster Dust – available at cake decorating stores or on-line
- For Gold gilded maraschino cherries, make the cherries in the container in which you are going to store them. It is important that the cherries are well drained.
- Place the cherries in the container and add the luster dust. Stir gently to coat cherries in gold. Store refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Fill a mixing glass with ice.
- Measure in the Maker’s Mark® Bourbon, peach puree and vermouth.
- Add a dash of bitters.
- Cap and shake.
- Strain into large martini glass.
- Add a splash of champagne.
- Garnish with gold gilded maraschino cherry on a pick.