By Jeremy Strungis, Master Mixologist
The cucumber and blueberries combine to make an incredibly refreshing and drinkable summer cocktail. The chamomile adds a slightly sweet hint of spice to the drink!
- 2 parts Maker’s Mark® Bourbon
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1-1/2 parts chamomile/blueberry syrup*
- 1/2 part fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons powdered egg whites
- Club soda
- Cucumber zig-zags and blueberries for garnish
- 16 oz. water
- 4 chamomile teabags
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- *For chamomile/blueberry syrup, boil 16 oz. of water with 4 chamomile tea bags for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags, then add 1 cup of blueberries and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the blueberries, remove pot from heat, add 3/4 cup of sugar and stir until sugar dissolves, then let the syrup cool.
- Shake Maker’s Mark® Bourbon, chamomile/blueberry syrup, lime juice and egg whites with ice, then double-strain into a long glass with ice.
- Top with club soda and then gently push down and stir twice with a bar spoon.
- Muddle the cucumber in a shaker.
- Add remaining ingredients and ice.
- Shake vigorously and double strain into a long glass with ice.
- Garnish with cucumber zig-zags and fresh blueberries.