By Scott Baird, Founding Partner, The Bon Vivants
The cherry tomatoes and beer give this cocktail a savory edge, and the pinch of salt makes all of the flavors pop. We loved the vegetal notes in this every-occasion sipper.
- 1-1/2 parts Maker’s Mark® Bourbon
- 1/2 part Campari® Liqueur
- 1 part lemon juice
- 1/2 part rich simple syrup (2:1 ratio using organic evaporated cane sugar)
- Pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 parts Tecate® beer
- 4-6 “sweet 100” cherry tomatoes
- Lemon peel for garnish
- In a mixing tin, muddle the cherry tomatoes.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients except the beer.
- Add ice, shake and double strain into an attractive footed pilsner glass.
- Add the beer and ice.
- Using a potato peeler, remove a nice ribbon of lemon peel, wrap a cherry tomato, spear it and place it atop the drink.