To call this a true taste of Kentucky is an understatement. Just mix in Maker’s™ for a pie that’s sweet, flaky, nutty and delectable.
- 1/4 cup Maker’s Mark® Bourbon
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 stick chilled unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1-1/2 cups walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- To make the crust: In a food processor, pulse 1-1/4 cups flour, salt and 1/2 teaspoon sugar to mix. Add the cut pieces of butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal with pea-sized pieces. Sprinkle the ice water on top and pulse until large clumps form. Press the dough into a disk, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch round. Fit into a 9-inch pie dish. Tuck in the overhang and decoratively crimp the edges. Freeze while heating the oven.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar. Continue whisking while adding the butter and then the bourbon. Stir in 1/2 cup of flour until well-combined. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour into the warm pie shell.
- Bake until the filling is set and the top golden, about 30 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.