by Kathy Casey, Host, Kathy Casey's Liquid Kitchen
This cocktail is slightly dry, with sweet peach overtones and a lightly bitter finish from the vermouth.
- 1-1/2 parts Maker's Mark® Bourbon
- 1/2 part peach puree
- 3/4 part sweet red vermouth
- Dash Liquid Kitchen® Golden Era or orange bitters
- 3/4 part splash brut champagne
Fill a mixing glass with ice. Measure in the Maker's Mark® Bourbon, peach puree and vermouth. Add a dash of bitters. Cap and shake. Strain into large martini glass. Add a splash of champagne. Garnish with gold gilded maraschino cherry* on a pick.
*Gold gilded maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries – Drain well, then dry on paper towels
- 1/4 teaspoon Gold Luster Dust – available at cake decorating stores or on-line
Make the cherries in the container in which you are going to store them. It is important that the cherries are well drained. Place the cherries in the container and add the luster dust. Stir gently to coat cherries in gold. Store refrigerated for up to 3 days.