This all-time Southern favorite gets a tantalizing new twist with the addition of Maker’s Mark®. Hot, hearty and deliciously unforgettable.
- 1/4 cup Maker’s Mark® Bourbon
- 1 smoked turkey wing or ham hock
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 2 bunches collard greens (1-1/2 pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepot, combine the turkey, garlic, chile, water and bourbon. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce the heat to simmer while you prepare the greens, at least 15 minutes.
- Strip the leaves off the greens from the center stems and ribs. Cut the leaves into 1/2-inch strips crosswise. Rinse well and then add to the simmering liquid. Simmer until the leaves are tender, about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the turkey wing to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, pull the meat from the bones and shred. Discard the bones and stir the meat into the greens. Serve hot.