If you’re looking for some spirited treats this holiday, cooking with Maker’s Mark® is almost as good as sipping it. Bourbon has a variety of uses in all sorts of dishes, but the caramel and vanilla flavors really shine when baking with it. These Eggnog Spiced Butter Cookies are no exception. As you might expect, these are great served alongside eggnog (check out our favorite recipe below) or simply with Maker’s® neat, on the rocks or with a splash. Trace amounts of alcohol may exist after baking but should be almost entirely cooked off at this temperature and duration of time.
4 hours 30 minutes – includes chilling dough
About 10 minutes
4 hours 40 minutes
What to get
- 2 tbsp. Maker’s Mark®
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses (or maple syrup)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. cloves (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp. salt
What to do
- Mix butter and sugar with mixer until fluffy.
- Slowly add in egg yolk, Maker’s Mark and molasses.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, spices and salt.
- Add to butter mixture and mix until combined. The dough will be in clumps. Pack them together and chill dough for at least 4 hours (and up to 4 days) until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out dough into 1/8-inch thickness and cut into shape of choice.
- Bake for 8–11 minutes each or until lightly golden on the edges.
- Transfer to racks to cool.