Maker's Mark® BBQ Sauce is a staple in the Star Hill Provisions® kitchen. The best part is, it's open to interpretation. So, in the spirit of the Samuels family, feel free to pursue your own taste vision. Add the elements that best suit your palate or the dish you're serving it with or just add the ingredients you have on hand. The only must-haves are a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce to use as the base and Maker's Mark Bourbon to help make it your own.
What to get
- Your favorite prepared BBQ sauce
- Maker's Mark Bourbon
- Yellow mustard
- Apple cider vinegar
- Red chili flakes
- Caramelized onions
- Roasted garlic
- Brown sugar
- Crispy cooked bacon
What to do
- Add 1 cup of your favorite ready made BBQ sauce to a bowl. Since you will be adding to the sauce, use about half as much as you think you will need.
- Add 2 shots of Maker’s Mark Bourbon and whisk it well.
- Add ingredients of your choosing until you have something you like.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to one week.
The bourbon does not cook out of this recipe.
Chef Newman's go-to ingredients are:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 big pinches red chili flake
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard