It's hard to beat a warm, gooey blondie recently out of the oven. These blondies are made all the better with a splash from your favorite redhead – Maker's Mark® Bourbon, of course. The vanilla extract and brown sugar are a natural match for the caramel flavor found in Maker's®. Don't skip the extra step of preparing the blackberry topping, also made with Maker's®, to pour over your blondies.
1 hour 5 minutes
What to get
- 1-1/2 oz (1 shot) Maker's Mark Bourbon
- 1 pound butter, unsalted
- 4 cups brown sugar
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
Maker's® Blackberry Topping
- 2 cups ripe blackberries
- 3 oz (2 shots) Maker's Mark Bourbon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
What to do
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make brown butter, add 1 pound of unsalted butter to a heavy bottom pan over medium heat. Let cook until it stops foaming, begins to look brown and begins to smell nutty.
- In a mixer combine Maker's Mark, brown sugar, brown butter and vanilla and mix at medium speed until well combined.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and then add eggs and yolk one at a time on medium speed until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt until mixed well. On low speed combine half of the dry ingredients to wet and then scrape down sides and repeat making sure not to over stir. Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into a greased 10x10 baking pan and cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
For blackberry topping
- Combine blackberries, Maker's Mark and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until blackberries are thoroughly broken and it begins to resemble a sauce.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract, mix well and let cool to room temperature to thicken. Sauce can be strained after cooling to remove any blackberry seeds if you wish.