A popular way to end a meal at Star Hill Provisions® can now be had at home. This bread pudding features a rich caramel sauce that is punched up with the vanilla-y bourbon flavors of Maker's Mark®. It's a great recipe to keep in mind for times when you have excess bread on hand and works well with bread that's going stale. In fact, that is how bread pudding is traditionally made. It's adaptable and delicious any time of day. Since this bread pudding mixture is refrigerated overnight, it's a nice dish you can serve overnight guests in the morning.
1 hour 45 minutes
9 hours 45 minutes
What to get
- 4 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-3/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 loaf white bread
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 oz. (2 shots) Maker's Mark Bourbon, more to taste
What to do
- Mix eggs, cream and sugar well.
- Dice the bread and add to egg mixture along with the chocolate chips and stir.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease "8x8" pan and place parchment halfway up on all sides.
- Pour in pudding mixture, cover with parchment and foil.
- Bake 1.5 hours and then uncover and bake an additional 15–20 minutes until there's a slight jiggle.
- Serve warm, covered in caramel sauce.
- Mix brown sugar and whipping cream in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil while stirring and then remove from heat, add Maker's Mark® bourbon to taste and stir.
- Keep warm and serve.