Legend has it that the Ice Cream Float was invented on a particularly hot Philadelphia day by a soda vendor who had run out of ice. To cool his drinks, Robert McCay Green tried ice cream and, while the result wasn't exactly what Green intended, his floats did create a bit of a sensation. This premium, grown-up version features Maker's® with its dark chocolate notes playing nicely against ice cream and cola.
What to get
- 1 oz. Maker's Mark® Bourbon
- 2 scoops vanilla bean ice cream
- 4–6 oz. cola
- 2 tbsp. chopped roasted peanuts
What to do
- Add 2 scoops of ice cream to a frosted mug, followed by Maker's Mark® Bourbon.
- Slowly add the cola and finish by sprinkling chopped peanuts.
- Serve with a paper straw and spoon!