Often cited as the original “cocktail,” the Old Fashioned today is one of the most-called-for “Classic” drinks. Sweet and strong, the Old Fashioned never really gets old as long as the recipe includes Maker’s Mark® Bourbon.
- 1-1/2 parts Maker’s Mark® Bourbon
- Splash of water
- 2 dashes Angostura® Bitters
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Orange slice
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- For Classic Old Fashioned: Dissolve or muddle sugar with a splash of water in an Old Fashioned glass.
- Fill glass ¾ full of ice.
- Add Maker’s Mark® Bourbon and bitters and stir.
- Garnish with orange slice and maraschino cherry.
- For Muddled Old Fashioned: Muddle sugar, bitters, orange, cherry and water in an Old Fashioned glass.
- Remove the orange rind and fill glass ¾ full of ice.
- Add Maker’s Mark® Bourbon and stir.